Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Town in Three Photos - Friday Harbor

by Jill Urbach
 
 
My hometown is Friday Harbor, WA. (Incidentally, my AP novella "Mr. Impeccable" takes place in Friday Harbor.) This first picture is a view down Spring Street which is the main street through town.
 


This next picture is also of Spring Street during our 4th of July parade. In this picture, the local American Legion is pausing in front of our two-screen movie theatre to salute the flag.

 
 
Now here's a picture from our community dinner this week. Each month, the high school hosts a community dinner where the cooking students cook and the community can come to the high school to purchase dinner. When the weather is nice we all just kick back on the picnic benches and grass.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful town! Love the picture overlooking the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel very fortunate to live here!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I want to live there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful town. Beautiful people. My heart will forever belong to Friday Harbor even though my pocketbook decrees we live elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!

    We had the best intentions to go to WA last year, but ran out of time. Looking at these pictures I deeply regret that now!

    ReplyDelete