Thursday, June 26, 2014

AP Author Spotlight: Amy Mullen


Amy Mullen

 

Blog: http://www.authoramymullen.com/blog.html
Twitter ID: @amyemullen
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authoramymullen
 

Describe yourself in three words:
Loyal, silly, grateful

 
Tell us a little about your latest release:
Redefining Rayne

Rayne de Latham, cousin to King William Rufus, should be enjoying a life of privilege. Instead, she has only known misery. Her disastrous first marriage yielded nothing but pain, suffering, and three stillborn children. She believes she is cursed and is certain another pregnancy will end in another tragedy. When the king seeks to get rid of her by sending her to marry one of his knights, she will do just about anything to get out of her betrothal.

Widower Andre de Grelle is father to two small boys who came to him by marriage. When his first wife jumps off the castle walls in a fit of madness, he keeps the boys he has grown to love as his own. When king sends him a new bride, the lovely but troubled Rayne, he vows to have more patience with her than he had with his first wife.

Once Rayne arrives at Cuxton Castle, Andre realizes there is much more to her than meets the eye. She does everything she can to force him to send her away, but nothing works. Frustration grows as Andre discovers his betrothed is hiding something from him about her past, something so devastating she cannot speak the words out loud.

In the midst of a siege on nearby Pevensey Castle, a truth comes to light that changes everything. As the real story of Rayne’s past emerges, lives change forever. Will love be enough, or will it be easier to walk away?

 

What is your earliest memory?
I remember sitting on the couch with my feet tucked up under me because my mom was vacuuming and I feared the vacuum was going to eat my feet.

 

What would you consider the greatest moment in your life?
I can't pick one! The usual moments are the greatest. The day I married and the days my children came into the world.

 

What’s the hardest thing in in life you’ve done?
My son was a preemie. He stayed in the NICU for 77 days. The first time I had to leave the hospital without him was heart-wrenching.

 

What have you learned in life so far?
Always be willing to learn something new because there is always more to any story.

 

Everyone’s favourite question: if you could invite five people for dinner, who would it be?
Anne Rice (for me), Eddie Van Halen (for my husband), my grandmother (because she is no longer with us), one of the Wiggles (for my daughter), and Caillou (for my son - and yes I realize he is a cartoon - haha).

 

 
Chance for our readers - what else would you like to know about Amy Mullen?

No comments:

Post a Comment