Thursday, October 9, 2014

AP Author Spotlight: Lucie Ulrich


 
Lucie Ulrich
 
Website: lucieulrich.com
Blog: lucieulrich.com
Twitter ID: @LucieUlrich
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/dashboard
Facebook: www.facebook.com/inspywriter
 
Describe yourself in three words:
positive, friendly, family-oriented
 
Tell us a little about your latest release:
The Rose Ring
With a will that reads like a piece of fiction, the return of his long-lost brother, and the possibility of losing the family ranch, Micah Cooper calls on high school friend, Sky Baxter, to bail him out of a bad situation.
Though her brain tells her no, Sky’s heart says yes. She accepts Micah’s in-name-only proposal, knowing it’s unlikely anything permanent will come of it. She’s been in love with him since the ninth grade, and if he hasn’t figured it out by now, there’s little chance he ever will.
When an unexpected kiss ignites a spark, giving Micah hope for a possible future with Sky, a tragic accident threatens to take it all away. Torn between following his heart, doing the right thing, and forgiving the past, Micah is lost in a whirlwind of pain and emotions. Will he make it through the next two years, or will a long-kept family secret be the undoing of them all?
When I originally wrote The Rose Ring, it took place in New York instead of Montana, and had a feisty grandmother instead of a feisty aunt. I set it aside to pursue publication of a different book, and didn't look at it for a while. When I came back to it, I wanted a more "homey" feel, so I changed the setting to a cattle ranch, added a brother, an ex-girlfriend, an ornery pregnant horse and a crippled pup. I just went for it all. Lol!
 
What is your earliest memory?
I was around 2 or 3. I don't remember how it happened, my family was at a lake or beach, and I suddenly found myself face-first in water. I couldn't get up and remember feeling panicked. A stranger picked me up and returned me to my parents. That man, whoever he may be, was my guardian angel that day.
 
What would you consider the greatest moment in your life?
I know I should probably say my wedding day, or the day I gave birth to my first child, but in all honesty, it was the day I received my first writing contract. Marriage and childbearing included my husband, but writing was mine alone.
 
What’s the hardest thing in in life you’ve done?
Dealing with my mother's dementia and having to put her in a nursing home, My father didn't handle things well, so that was an added struggle.
 I'm greatful to God that Mom went fast, and that I got to hold her hand and be with her as she took her final breath.  That was nearly two years ago. I still miss her, but through it all, my relationship with my father inproved a hundredfold.
 
What have you learned in life so far?
That if you want it, you'd better go after it, because it's not going to come to you.
 
 
Everyone’s favourite question: if you could invite five people for dinner, who would it be?
There are hundreds of famous or influential people I could think of (dead or alive), but quite frankly, I would much rather sit down with family and friends. So, my list of five would be: Rick (husband), Jamie (daughter), Josh (son), and Pam and Phil (best friends).
 
 

Chance for our readers - what else would you like to know about Lucie Ulrich?

No comments:

Post a Comment