Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Town in Three Photos - Tereira Island, Azores, Portugal

by Krysten Lindsay Hager

I’ve lived in a few places and one of the places that really made an impression on me was, Terceira Island. Terceira is one of the Azorean Islands that are part of Portugal. It is located in the Atlantic Ocean. Terceira has many amazing things to offer: the gorgeous hydrangea, amazing garden in Angra, the Azorean culture, churches, and beautiful ocean view. Here are three pictures that I feel represent Terceira Island.

One of my favorite places to go was to the Angra Gardens. It was a great place to reflect, relax, and for me—to write! It was so unusual to be outside and walk up steps to see other tiers of this garden. On one tier you’d find a beautiful reflective pool, other tiers you’d find amazing flowers of all varieties and also puzzle piece shaped ponds like this one:



There were a lot of impressive looking churches on the island as well. This was one of my favorites in Angra decorated for Christmas.
 
Wherever you went on the island you had that gorgeous ocean view. I was lucky enough to see the Atlantic Ocean out of my kitchen and living room windows. Here is the view from the top of Mt. Brazil:

Thank you for letting me take you on a little tour of Terceira Island.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I'm sure you enjoyed your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful there, it must have been amazing to live in such a place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful place to live. The views in every direction were gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete