Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Town in Three Photos - Kansas City


by Heather Manning
 
1. Kansas City is known as the city of fountains. So what better way to celebrate our baseball team, the Royals, making it to the World Series than dyeing all of our fountains Royals blue?

 



2. Kansas City is a city rich in its history. (Perfect for a historical author!) Its the home of President Truman, the site of a gigantic Stockyard, and much more. Here's our gorgeous, historical Union Station all dressed up for Christmas.

 

3. Not all of KC is historical! This town also has a surprisingly expansive theatre scene. This is our almost-brand-new Kauffman Center for Performing Arts. Looks straight out of Sydney, Australia! This center is home to two theatres and can be used for events. I have seen my share of musicals there!

 

6 comments:

  1. so youse guys are back in the world series again?
    cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your library that is designed to look like books! I didn't realize you were so close. I am three hours south in NW Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatest library ever! Not only is the outside awesome, but the inside is gorgeous, too!
      I would have used that as a photo, but, alas, I didn't have a picture of it. :(

      Wow, that's cool! I have been in NW Arkansas quite a few times actually, visiting some friends!

      Delete
  3. Cool! Kansas City is awesome, nice to see the Royals in the World Series, an Union Station is always fun. Haven't been to the Kauffman center yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope you get to the Kauffman soon. It is quite amazing!

      Delete