Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Town in Three Photos - Fremont

 

by Joselyn Vaughn

Fremont is a small, rural community in west Michigan that appreciates art in many forms.
This one is called the Writers’ Scribe. In my head I call it the Writers’ Block.
 
 
I love these flowers. I wish my yard was big enough. These are outside of a place that offers classes for all ages in a variety of crafts from pottery to dyeing silk to metalworking.
 
 
This sculpture celebrates the agricultural heritage of our community.


6 comments:

  1. I love Fremont! It's also the home of Gerber baby foods, which I fed to my kids when they were tiny. And it's the site of our annual (almost) writers' retreat next weekend. I am SO looking forward to it! We always take a break to walk through downtown Fremont - the shops are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you guys are coming to Fremont again. There are some cool thrift stores downtown too.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to Fremont in years--your post makes me want to to visit right away. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've done a lot with sculptures around town. There are some cool ones by the lake and along the path that goes to it. You'll have to come and check them out.

      Delete
  3. Love your writer's block comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not far from my house, so I see it quite often and it makes me giggle.

      Delete