Thursday, August 21, 2014

AP Author Spotlight: Mary Cope


Mary Cope
 
Website: www.marycopeauthor.com
Twitter ID: https://twitter.com/MaryCope_Author
 
 
Describe yourself in three words:
Happy
Loyal
Forgiving
 
 
Tell us a little about your latest release:
 
My story, Beautiful One, takes place in the beach community of Dana point, California and centers around Elizabeth Ryan.
Elizabeth is a beautiful, shy, naïve high school senior. Having never dated she meets the boy of her dreams, Aidan Mitchell. Despite his history of womanizing Liz is drawn to him. Soon Liz becomes the envy of all the girls on campus, when they become a couple and her dream boyfriend sweeps her off her feet and into the dating world that is all too new and strange for her. When other guys start to take notice of Liz, Aidan is troubled with fits of jealousy.
Elizabeth then meets the ruggedly handsome, Spencer Hayes and they quickly bond over their passion for music. Liz begins to struggle with the feelings that spark between them.
In the end Elizabeth finds herself torn between helping Aidan overcome his jealousy and anger and giving into what her heart truly wants.
 
What is your earliest memory?
One of my earliest and happiest memories for me was watching my mother bake bread. I remember she used to push a chair up to the counter so I could stand and watch her. Then she would hand me a little doughball and I would play with it.
 
 
What would you consider the greatest moment in your life?
The greatest moment in my life was becoming a mother. To be responsible for a precious little one is life-changing.
 
What’s the hardest thing in in life you’ve done?
The hardest thing I've done in my life is to parent my children consistently. When my children were growing up I remember thinking to myself, it'd be so easy to "give in" and allow them to do what they want. Consistently parenting is an exhausting job, but the outcome is the reward. My children are now 23 and 19. They are a blessing to me and make me proud to be called, mom.
 
What have you learned in life so far?
How fast life goes by, and it truly is, the little things that matter the most.
 
Everyone’s favourite question: if you could invite five people for dinner, who would it be?
The five people I would like to invite to dinner. Are those who have passed.
My mom.
My mother-in-law.
My father-in-law.
And, my grandparents because I never knew them.
 
 
 
Chance for our readers - what else would you like to know about Mary Cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment