Monday, February 1, 2016

Love Sweet Love by Kimbra Kasch

LOVE SWEET LOVE
Being in love for the first time is a lot like eating a delicious dessert. No…REALLY. Just think about it. They both make you feel that surge of anticipation and longing. And it happens before you even know what’s going on. You smell that sweet scent wafting through the air…I’m talking about the dessert here…and, your stomach starts to tighten, your mouth starts to water, you feel your legs pulling you forward without ever intending to step toward the oven.
Yep, that’s just the way I felt the first time. My stomach clamped down hard, I felt a little queasy, my hands started to sweat (maybe I should say “glow” but sweat is the truth) my mouth went dry and I was . . .okay, I wasn’t stepping toward the oven.
Soooo, maybe they aren’t the same but they do have some real similarities. . . Sweets and LOVE. They both effect your senses and your perceptions. Heck, they even effect your behavior.
And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I’ve been thinking about both of them: LOVE and FOOD.
Hey, there’s another similarity. . . they’re both four-letter words. But that doesn’t sound like a good thing. . .
So, let’s get back to Valentine’s Day and celebrating this special season of LOVE sweet LOVE.
To begin, I’ll make a quick little Valentine’s Day Dinner but I think I’ll start with dessert because life is short and nothing is ever certain.


I’ll make a cupcake stand and embellish it.

All it takes is a little ribbon and some hot glue.


Then I’ll make a super sweet and terrifically tasty chocolate ganache and dip my cupcakes into the sinfully sweet sauce.


Then I’ll decorate the cupcakes. And, NO, that’s not paper – it’s sugar sheets. Never heard of sugar sheets? They are SWEET ;D


Then I’ll stack the little mouth-watering morsels on the cupcake stand


And WAH-LAh! Dinner is served…or, at least dessert ;D


But you might ask what does that have to do with LOVE? I was getting to that part. If you don’t have your own sweetie-pie hanging around to help you celebrate this special day, why not grab a book boyfriend and curl up on the couch and read a SWEET AND SPICY love story…HECK, even if you do have your own sweetie-pie hanging around . . .grab yourself a romance and read it. What better way could there be to warm up to the holiday? Don’t answer that…just go buy yourself a book.
Oh, you don’t have any ideas, let me recommend one for you…
BOOK TRAILER: 


BOOK TEASER:


YOU CAN BUY KIM’S BOOKS HERE:

            And, if you do read THE CATS OF CULLABY CREEK, please let me know what you thought of it. I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts. And you know what, LOVE is the only thing that there’s just too little of. ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment