Monday, February 11, 2013

Why I Write for Astraea Press: Joselyn Vaughn


I have been delighted to be published with Astraea Press. Two years ago, I wasn’t sure where my writing career was going. I knew I wanted to try e-publishing, but didn’t know what publishers to try.

Then I came across Astraea Press during a pitch day at Sweeter Romantic Notions. It was a successful pitch day for me, and by the end of the week, I had three contracts to compare. After reviewing them, I decided to sign with Astraea Press and I have never regretted it.

Astraea Press has been wonderful: excellent cover designs, quality editing, and a fabulous reputation. My favorite thing about working with them is their communication. The publisher or her staff is always available to answer questions, provide information, or just chat. And if they can’t be, they let us know. If there’s a problem, they let us know. If things are going well, they let us know. It makes the publishing venture so much more exciting to know what is happening behind the scenes. It creates a camaraderie with the other authors and gives us more reason to cheer each other on. I don’t think this atmosphere is replicated in other places.

I am so honored to have been with Astraea Press from its inception and to have watched it grow so successfully.


Joselyn
Sweet, small town romances
New! - The Warden's Lantern - Astraea Press

Sucker for a Hot Rod by Joselyn VaughnThe Warden's Lantern by Joselyn Vaughn Hauntings of the Heart by Joselyn Vaughn

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Joselyn, the communication (& info exchange) at A.P. is excellent. Very relaxed atmosphere ... yet we all know who's boss!

    ReplyDelete